ARK Patch Notes for v193.x
A little further out: (August 13)
- Competitive “ARK: Survival of the Fittest” game type, with all moddable source
- “Total Conversion” super-mod system to completely change out core game content
- Collidable Saddle Platform & Build-on-Saddles: make your big ♥♥♥ brontos and plesios into mobile bases, build just about anything up from them! Build ladders to climb up onto them, whatever — the possibilities are nearly endless!!! 😉 We originally were gonna limit it to sleeping bags and turrets, but let’s just go all-out and make it work with everything.
(getting every structure type to work with it and be balanced is… interesting )
- Swamp Biome & New Cave
- Snow Biome & New Cave
- Water Raft
- Gigantopithecus: Your autonomous Fiber-gathering, human-tossing buddy
- Driveable Dune Buggy Modding example (we’ll let modders have the first crack at vehicles with this example
- Human and Dino Warpaint
- Controllable Ballistas/Turrets to place on structures and on the backs of your dinos
- Primitive Organic Automated Turrets 😉
- Powered Elevator Structures
- Random GPU Driver crash fix: TrueSky
- Specific Representative “on-ground” meshes for all dropped items
- Better system for hosting dedicated server mods: now you only need to specify Mod ID’s, not maps or paths, and there is automatic built-in downloading & updating of their content, no more manual file copying.
- [MORE NOTES TO COME]
Current Version: v193.0
- SERVER LAG (“MEGA STALLS”) FIX!!
- New Items: Small and Large Bear Traps, for locking players and dinos in their tracks!
- New Structure: Stone Behemoth Gate
- New rare “Alpha” T-Rex can be found that is bigger and meaner than the regular T-Rex with distinct color schema, gives a unique cosmetic (and a ton of XP and resources) if you defeat it. It also buffs the resistance and damage of nearby carnis around it due to its Alpha-pack dominating status. You can’t tame it… yet… but we’d like feedback on whether the community would be interested in more of this direction.
- Tamed Dinos now lay Eggs over time without having to leave them alone i.e. they now do it in real-time and you can watch them… o_O
- New Door option: “Admin-Only access”, which can be combined with PIN coding and Locking. Allows only Admins free access to the door in Tribe-shared environments, everyone else in the Tribe has to either enter PIN code or be locked-out. We recommend combining this with the new “Admin-Only Demolish” Governance option for Shared Structures, otherwise Tribe Members can just Demolish their way into your secret Admin Rooms anyway 😉
- Admins can now “Demote” other admins from within the Tribe Manager (you can not Demote the Founder, so he/she is the ultimate arbiter of justice!). Please use this power wisely!
- You can no longer damage Tamed dinos thru Walls/Structures (prevents cheaping out people’s dinos from outside their bases)
- Fixed bug where clients sometimes couldn’t see the equipped items/saddles on characters
- Aquatic dinos swimming against water surface is now perfectly smooth, doesn’t result in a hard-stop of your character anymore.
- Added the rest of the Dino Damage overlays
- Dealt with the Trilobites’ resources: they now clamp resource harvest amounts (no overdamage.. we need to ween off that ;), they only yield pearls and oil rarely, and they are significantly less common in the shallows.
- Misc Spectator mode improvements (alphabetical player list, no longer considered “idle” for kicking, fixed sometimes getting into spectator mode when not desired, etc)
- Canteens are no longer consumed when making soups
- New Tribe Governance Option for Structures: Tribe Owned, Admin-Only Demolish
- You can now properly enter spectator mode after dying without getting stuck at a black screen
- More dino blood overlays, & option to disable Dino blood overlays
- Stone harvesting settings are back at +75%. An underlying change with the harvesting system had inadvertently affected them, thanks for the reports
- Fixed various server crashes
- ARK Tribute (Obelisk) Item Transfer disabled on Official Servers for now, was unbalancing to PvP, needs further design work.
Dedicated servers can now optionally load custom maps via ModID diectly , rather than having to specify the map name directly, using this syntax:
(where the MapModID is the Steam Workshop FileID of your custom map, and the GameModIds are the Id’s of the stacked mods you wish to use, in order)
v193 NEW ENGRAMS FOR YOUR CUSTOM SERVER GAME.INI’s: