ARK Patch Notes for v196.x
* Flare projectiles now disappear properly on clients
* PvE servers that allow cave building will no longer lose cave structures upon restart
* “5555” Taming Speed Multiplier in “Host Game” menu is fixed
* Added “Re-Fertilizer” item craftable at the Compost Bin which can be used over ground to re-grow depleted foliage over time even if it’s close to structures (avoids the structure distance check, though wont’ regrow if it’s stuck ‘within’ a structure).
* Added adjustable “Tethering” distance for non-dedicated multiplayer sessions (maximum distance from Host player), adjustable in the Host UI
* Alpha predators damage vs Stone structures reduced by 80%
* Alpha predators now tend to only appear inland / in mountainous regions
* Alpha predators natural targeting range reduced by 40%, easier to deliberately avoid or escape from.
* Alpha predators now ALWAYS Survivor drop inventories when killed. (i.e. Carno and Rex)
* Added option to disable specific Alpha predators (“NPC Replacements”) on custom servers. This can also be used to disable any specific NPC, or replace the spawns of a particular NPC with that of a different NPC.
* Custom servers can now specify “ResourceNoReplenishRadiusStructures” & “ResourceNoReplenishRadiusPlayers” multipliers, if they wish to allow resources to regrow closer or farther away from players & structures.
* Auto Turrets now target & shoot down enemy grenades AND rockets — ooo yeah
(and any bullet weapon can shoot grenades & rockets to explode them now 😉
* Replacing Structures doesn’t do obstruction checks anymore (no more failures to replace)
* PvP servers have an optional +1 minute additonal respawn that doubles each time if you are killed by a team within 5 minutes of your previous death to that team (timer indicated on Spawn UI). Is enabled in pvp by default, and on all the official pvp servers. Helps prevent PvO ammo-wasting of auto turrets by repeatedly throwing sacrificial players at them.
bIncreasePvPRespawnInterval = true;
* Only melee damage onto spikewalls causes return-damage now (i.e. shooting spikewall with rocket launcher won’t hurt you anymore)
* Spectators are no longer booted after idle period, and enabling spectator after death now clears death postprocess effects, and spectating after death gets proper view-location networking now
* Alpha Predator buffs are now cleared upon Alpha Predator death
* Added admin command to force-join a tribe by looking at anything the tribe owns, and force-promote yourself in a tribe, and take over founder role of a tribe
cheat ForcePlayerToJoinTargetTribe PlayerID (0 for you)
(that will put you/playerID into the tribe of whatever you’re pointing at, if it’s a tribe structure/character)
* Improved server perf, and fixed some server crash cases
* Admin-Only-Access doors (and their doorframes) can no longer be demolished or Replaced by non-Admin tribe members regardless of Governance settings
* Server INI’s option to switch from PvE to PvP mode at pre-specified in-game times OR a pre-specified real-world (server-side) times!
bAutoPvEUseSystemTime=true or false
AutoPvEStartTimeSeconds=0 to 86400
AutoPvEStopTimeSeconds=0 to 86400
if you don’t usesystemtime, it’ll use the in-game world time
otherwise it’ll use the computer’s time.
you can make start time > or < than stop time, dpeending n what you want to do
for example, pve starttime of 2:00 and stoptime 23:00 (convereted into seconds of course)
would have pve exist from 2am to 11pm
whereas pve starttime of 23:00 and stoptime of 2:00 would have pve exist only from 11pm to 2am (and thusly, pvp from 2am to 11pm)
also if you have bAutoPveTimer set to true, you can see the current
in the Player hud with H it’ll say it next to the current time.